Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tutorial Thursday: Balanalana Cookies {aka} Banana Cookies

So I made a batch of these yummies
on Sunday morning with the intention of saving some
to photograph and use as a recipe for today.

Well, my lesson on Sunday was about Heritage
and I decided to share my heritage of baking
that has been passed down from my Grandma.
So, I took the cookies to church to share with the
teens I teach -
thinking there would still be plenty to photograph.

Um, wrong!
They were gone!

So last night was Youth Group,
so I would again have a large group to share them with,
so I spent yesterday making a double batch to share.





They are so lovely and yummy!
My husband says it's like the cross between
the top of a muffin and banana bread.
(TOP OF THE MUFFIN TO YOU!)



And have I told you how much I love my Cupcake Courier?
Mine came with cookie inserts that cover up
the cupcake holes so you can put cookies on the tiers.



I lined my tiers with wax paper, because once you glaze/frost
these little yummies, it can get kind of messy.






And now they are all boxed up and ready to go!



Banana Cookies
1 1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup ripe to overripe bananas (about 2-3)
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

Cream sugar, shortening and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Add eggs.
Stir in smashed bananas.
Add flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.

Bake 400 degrees for 9-10 minutes - until golden colored.

Banana Frosting
1 smashed ripe to overripe banana
1 cup sifted powder sugar
1 T milk
1 tsp vanilla

The glaze/frosting is really to taste.
You can add more banana or powdered sugar if it's too runny.
Plus, the frosting is optional.
My husband and my son like them plain.
Weirdos.

ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment